PDC FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MAY 8 – 22, 2016
This course equips people working in international development and grassroots projects with the perspectives and skills needed to engage with communities in partnership to incorporate elements into the design of communities, smallholder farms and land with household agricultural production that are holistic, appropriate, strategic, effective, diverse, as well as ecologically and economically sound. This course includes the 72-hr Permaculture Design Certification through the Permaculture Research Institute.
What is Permaculture?
Permaculture is a design science utilizing an innovative systems-approach to consciously design landscapes, human settlements and smallholder farming systems that integrate functional diversity and biological fertility by mimicking natural eco-systems. Diverse and fertile systems act resilient in the face of shocks.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who work with Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s), Government Organizations, or are Community Organizers. The teaching is directly relevant for international development practitioners, including the technical teams from agency Headquarters and field teams engaged in implementation.
What is the applicability?
People working in international development will benefit from the years of experience of our teaching team in applying permaculture around the globe. We have tailored the entire permaculture certification curriculum to better equip the people who work in international situations where people live in non-westernized conditions. The Quail Springs Learning site is ideal for the immersion of these teachings in an off the grid, nutrient cycling, dry land, water conscious community, where we work with the surrounding natural resources to provide for our shelter, water, food, and energy. Participants learn:
- Tools to integrate sustainable systems design into existing projects
- A systems analysis design protocol for holistic pattern recognition
- To design stable and resilient food, shelter, water and waste cycling systems for health and resilience in all of your projects
- To create an ethics and principle based training program within your organization that honors local customs, traditional knowledge and ecological conditions
The course has an emphasis on hands-on projects including a practical design project that is site and context specific and integrates all of the different elements of a thorough Permaculture Design.
What does this course offer?
Permaculture Design Courses always include the international recognized PDC Curriculum that can be found in the Permaculture Designer’s Manual. Highlighted for this course are the following:
More instructors to be announced…
- Course Fee: $1,650 (a deposit of $300 reserves your space with the balance due by April 26th)
- Course fee includes: Instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
- Early Bird: $200 discount (Discount Code: PDCIDEBIRD – Expires: March 26th, 2016)
- PDC Refresher: $200 discount for participants with a previous 72-hr PDC (Discount Code: PDCFRESH)
- Bring A Friend: $150 discount (each) for couples or friends attending the course together (Discount Code: PDC4TWO)
- Check or Money Order: $25 discount if paying by check or money order
- Group & Family: For groups of 3 or more attending the course together
- Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by application. Inquire early to apply for financial aid by sending your application request via email directly to [email protected]
- Before April 1, 2016: Full refund, excluding $50 cancellation fee.
- April 1 – May 1, 2016: Partially Refundable, $300 deposit non refundable.
- After May 1, 2016: No refunds available.
- In case of a valid personal medical or family emergency, we will consider, yet do not guarantee, requests for a transfer of fees (less course deposit) to another PDC with Quail Springs.
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.