COMING IN 2017
Sustainable Vocations prepares youth (ages 15 – 24) for diverse leadership roles that integrate sustainability into their lives and communities. This pioneering program offers youth the unique, hands-on opportunity to study green design strategies and technologies, develop leadership and vocational skills, and experience living in a sustainable community. Students earn an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certification and graduate with the practical skills to enhance their employment opportunities and life path – all while helping to create a more sustainable future for us all.
Sustainable Vocations is offered as an intensive, 3-week program in a nature-based setting. These unique program features create a community framework in which youth are supported and experience the inspirational strength of collective action. This community setting also enables students to further explore the nature of relationships and how they reside at the core of sustainability. In addition to the acquired skills and knowledge, this detachment from familiarity and immersion into a different lifestyle alone can be a life-changing experience for youth.
Topics we will explore
Coming in 2017
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Course Fee: $1,450 (a deposit of $300 reserves your space with the balance due by October 11)
- Early Bird Discount: $1,150 (if paid in full by Sept. 11)
- PDC Refresher: $200 discount for participants with a previous 72-hr PDC
- Couples: $300 discount which applies to your joint total for couples registering, paying and traveling together
- Check or Money Order: $25 discount if paying by check or money order
- Group & Family discount: Please inquire below
- Course fee includes: Instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
- Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by application. Inquire early to apply for financial aid by sending your application request via email directly to [email protected]
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.