Application Deadline: April 8 2020
Start Date: May 4 2020
Quail Springs is a leading environmental educational nonprofit that empowers students of all ages and backgrounds with knowledge, skills, and inspiration essential to cultivating ecological and social health.
Quail Springs Permaculture
Residents & staff
GARDEN CROP MANAGEMENT
- Create, manage, and execute crop plan/calendar (seeding, transplanting, harvesting)
- Manage seed-saving projects & small seedbank
- Orient work-trade volunteers and community members to the garden
- Lead garden projects, plantings and harvests
- Tend and prune perennials and plantings
- Troubleshoot and mitigate crop pests with non-toxic and IPM solutions
WATERING AND IRRIGATION
- Manage and implement irrigation schedule
- Hand-water nursery greenhouse
- Conduct maintenance and repairs of drip irrigation systems for annual garden beds, greenhouse, and perennial systems
- Document garden production, health, and crop plan in our digitized records
- Plan and track expenditures within budget
GENERAL / MISCELLANEOUS
- Act as kitchen-garden liaison, keeping community informed with the available produce in the garden
- Contribute to the redesign of the Quail Springs Permaculture site design plan
Working & Living Conditions
Please take care to fully fill out our online application so we may best get to know you. If your application is approved, we will set up interviews. We are hard-working folks, so please be patient with our response time! But also don’t hesitate to check back in on the status of your application.
We highly recommend planning to come out for a day (or night, if a host is available) to see if it feels like a good fit.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this description, your work, or your stay here at Quail Springs. We look forward to reviewing your application!