COB WEEKEND WORKSHOP
September 21 – 23, 2018
Cob building combines clay sediment, sand, fiber, and water, and is hand sculpted to form walls, benches, ovens, and fireplaces. Cob building makes use of readily available, affordable, non-toxic materials to build beautiful, organic structures.In this course we will cover the basics of building with earth. It will be an introduction to working with clay soil, sand and straw to create building materials like cob and adobe. We will have hands on experience building wall systems, as well as classroom time to help give context and understanding to the principles involved.
More instructors to be announced…
- Course Fee: $700
- Early Bird Discount: $100 discount (Discount Code: MUDDYBIRD – Expires: March 1, 2017)
- Course fee includes: Instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Tuition: $450
- Tuition includes: Instruction, three catered farm-fresh meals per day, camping & facilities, and immersion in the Quail Springs community
Discounts: (limit one discount per person – discount codes are not to be applied to a deposit payment)
- Early Bird: $50 discount if paid in full by July 15th, 2018 (Discount Code: COBWEEKEND)
- Bring A Friend: 10% discount (each) for couples or friends attending the course together (Discount Code: COB4TWO)
- Group & Family: Groups of 3 or more attending the course together, please click here to contact us about discounts.
- Before Aug. 15, 2018: Full refund, excluding $50 cancellation fee.
- Aug 15 – Sept. 19, 2018: Partially Refundable, $200 non refundable.
- After Sept. 19, 2018: No refunds available.
- In case of a valid personal medical or family emergency, we will consider, yet do not guarantee, requests for a transfer of fees (less course deposit) to another course with Quail Springs.
The course is currently full, however there are often cancellations so we encourage you to contact us to be put on our waiting list:
Natural Building Courses
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.