SPRING FARM IMMERSION
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Our Farm & Community Immersion Program is our longest running program, offering a 3-month residency (with possibility of extension) at Quail Springs grounded in community living and applying permaculture techniques to support our farm and holistic food systems. The program provides extensive practical opportunities to apply everything learned in a Permaculture Design Course* through the day-to-day operations of a full-time functioning Permaculture farmstead, community, and education center. Learn how to deepen connection with yourself and others while acquiring practical skills and empowering the next steps in your journey. Participants are part of the team that is running the farm for the season and receive structured orientation into working on our Permaculture-based farmstead, living in intentional community, and supporting the endeavors of an educational nonprofit organization.
Participants gain skill & understanding, and build confidence through regular hands-on, field-based training, as well as lecture, discussions, and times of mentorship. We are searching for flexible, self-motivated individuals who embrace simple, remote, rural living. Successful applicants are curious, inclusive, comfortable in groups, creative problem solvers, and are able to manage themselves through a wide range of challenges. High energy, a good sense of humor, strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong curiosity are essential attributes.
*Certification not required. All participants are offered reduced-rate enrollment to our PDC offered in October 2018.
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Cost: Sliding scale of $1650 — $2100.
- Work-trade & Scholarships: We have priced this program to be as affordable as possible to a wide range of people. As we are a nonprofit organization, the amount reflects the actual cost of the program. If the cost stands in the way of your participating in the program, please click here to apply for work-trade/scholarship. We have limited scholarship funds and work-trade opportunities available and we will do our best to work with you! These funds and opportunities are awarded based on need, dedication, and readiness to use the skills learned from our program to benefit your community. If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.
- Deposit: $350 non-refundable deposit given to hold your space.
- Less than 2 months before: Non-refundable $350 deposit plus $100 cancellation fee.
- Less than 1 month before: No refunds available.
- In case of a valid personal medical or family emergency, we will consider, yet do not guarantee, requests for a transfer of fees (less course deposit) to another program with Quail Springs.
Our Farm & Community Immersion Program is our longest running program, offering a 3-month residency (with possibility of extension) at Quail Springs grounded in community living and applying permaculture techniques to support our farm and holistic food systems. The program provides extensive practical opportunities to apply everything learned in a Permaculture Design Course (although a PDC is not required) through the day-to-day operations of a full-time functioning Permaculture farmstead, community, and education center.
On your half-day visit to Quail Springs Permaculture Farm, you will learn about: growing food in the high desert; tending a variety of healthy food-giving animals; sustainable shelter; living regeneratively; and stewarding agricultural lands, watersheds, & wilderness.
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.