Oct. 28 – Nov. 11 2018
Immerse yourself in permaculture in action with this 14-day learning journey! Share in the joy of community learning together and changing the world. Take home the ability to design and apply natural principles to create stable and resilient systems that provide food, water, shelter and energy needs while regenerating ecology, community and economy. The Quail Springs Permaculture Design Course (PDC) includes the 72-hr Permaculture Certification through Permaculture Research Institute.
Permaculture is a conscious integrated design system based on ecology and sustainability principles to create resource efficient and productive human environments and reduce our footprint on the earth. Permaculture provides a framework for consciously designed landscapes that mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature that provide diversity, stability, and resilience. These systems yield an abundance of shelter, water, energy, and food for the provision of local needs.
Topics we will explore
More instructors to be announced…
- Course Tuition: $1,450 (a deposit of $300 reserves your space with the balance due by October 1)
- Course fee includes: Instruction, three catered farm-fresh meals per day, camping & facilities, and immersion in the Quail Springs community
Discounts: (limit one discount per person – discount codes are not to be applied to a deposit payment)
- Early Bird: $200 discount if paid in full by August 1 (Discount Code: PDCEBIRD)
- PDC Refresher: $200 discount for participants who have already taken a full PDC (Discount Code: PDCFRESH)
- Bring A Friend: $150 (each) discount for couples or friends attending the course together (Discount Code: PDC4TWO)
- Group & Family: For groups of 3 or more attending the course together, click here to contact us about group discounts.
- Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by application. We actively support diverse leaders in bringing their unique perspectives to this program through additional financial support as needed. We welcome those self-identifying as a person of color, LGBTQ+, indigenous, and persons working for global justice who have highly limited means. Please click here to contact us for more information.
- Before September 1, 2018: Full refund, excluding $100 cancellation fee.
- September 1 – October 1, 2018: Partially Refundable, $300 deposit non refundable.
- After October 1, 2018: No refunds available.
- In case of a valid personal medical or family emergency, we will consider, yet do not guarantee, requests for a transfer of fees (less course deposit) to another PDC with Quail Springs.
Use this button first to submit an application
Use this button second to fully register and pay
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
Our Farm & Community Immersion Program is our longest running program, offering a 3-month residency (with possibility of extension) at Quail Springs grounded in community living and applying permaculture techniques to support our farm and holistic food systems. The program provides extensive practical opportunities to apply everything learned in a Permaculture Design Course (although a PDC is not required) through the day-to-day operations of a full-time functioning Permaculture farmstead, community, and education center.
On your half-day visit to Quail Springs Permaculture Farm, you will learn about: growing food in the high desert; tending a variety of healthy food-giving animals; sustainable shelter; living regeneratively; and stewarding agricultural lands, watersheds, & wilderness.
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.