ARCHERY WEEKEND WORKSHOP
June 14 — 16
Join us for this knowledge-packed weekend workshop on traditional archery!
Archery holds an expansive place in the story in our human history – we invite you to be part of that continuing history as we learn and practice intuitive archery in a beautiful high desert setting. Connect with your body through the practice of this ancient functional tool, and connect with nature as you move over the land.
Along with lots of hands-on practice, we’ll cover:
- Foundational principles for intuitive archery including: instinctive shooting, finding the target with your arrow, awareness of body mechanics for consistency, breaking the reliance on contemporary sights and optics.
- Movement-based archery
- Overview of different archery styles from around the world
- Bow and arrow anatomy and mechanics – how and why does this thing work?
- Tuning your arrow to your bow (and tuning your bow to your body!)
This class is for beginner to intermediate archers 16+ who want to explore and deepen this skill set in a safe, structured environment with experienced and compassionate instructors. This course has a 20 student limit, so register soon!
More instructors to be announced…
- Course Fee: $700
- Early Bird Discount: $100 discount (Discount Code: MUDDYBIRD – Expires: March 1, 2017)
- Course fee includes: Instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Cost: $400
- Ages 16+
- 20 student limit
- Early Bird: $50 discount if paid in full by May 15, 2019 (Discount Code: BOWBIRD)
- Before May 15: Full refund available excluding $50 cancellation fee
- May 15 – May 31: Partial refund (with non-refundable $100 deposit)
- After June 1: No refund available
The course is currently full, however there are often cancellations so we encourage you to contact us to be put on our waiting list:
Wild Series Courses
Beautiful footwear made sustainably from natural materials has been worn by human beings for thousands of years. In this class students will create a pattern customized to their own feet, and learn to craft a pair of short moccasins using genuine brain-tanned buckskin and vegetable tanned leather. This will be a two piece style moccasin, with a harder sole for longer wear. The foundations of this pattern can later be applied for making many other styles of moccasins, including boots of all lengths.
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.