WILDLIFE TRACKING CERTIFICATION
with Cybertracker Conservation
Join Cybertracker Conservation Evaluator Marcus Reynerson for a weekend track and sign evaluation in the world-class wildlife tracking destination of the Cuyama Valley in Southern California.
Every time we step outside of our door, there are myriad stories to be told of the comings-and-goings of animals in the world, and one of the oldest human capacities is to read and interpret these stories. The art and science of tracking offers an ecological window into the happenings of the living world around us.
Through this experience, you will grow a skillset in exploring the vast world of wildlife tracking. While we will certainly cover some of key fundamental themes, every tracking experience is unique, and we will go where the tracks take us. Topics that will likely be explored:
- Basic wildlife foot physiology and morphology
- The Natural History of Landscapes
- Clear print identification
- Concepts in behavior and wildlife sign interpretation
- How wildlife interacts with landscapes
- Aging tracks and sign on the landscape
Whether beginner or advanced, every participant will walk away with a lot more knowledge and “search images” for the subtle patterns left behind by life on the landscape, ultimately feeling a stronger connection to the natural world.
This rich learning experience is facilitated as a field assessment.
This unique evaluation is 100% field-based and is sure to be engaging for all. This is a rigorous tracking experience designed to give honest reflection and feedback around each person’s unique skillset. While the evaluation helps us notice and be honest with our blind spots in knowledge and experience, the evaluators always center learning and development. Whether an experienced or beginning tracker and naturalist, participants will leave this experience looking at the ground in a completely different way with new tools to continue to develop themselves as naturalists.
Note: To attain a certificate, one must achieve a certain score threshold. For those brand new to tracking, it can sometimes take a couple times of going through this process before attaining a certificate. Whether or not one attains a certificate does not have any bearing on the rich educational experience of the evaluation.
What is Cybertracker Conservation?
The evaluation began as a monitoring system for South African Indigenous trackers to document data for conservation and cultural preservation initiatives. Soon thereafter, an assessment system was created to help solidify observer reliability in these efforts. This system has now become the international gold standard for assessing field kills in wildlife tracking in Africa, North America, and Europe. After coming to North America in 2004, the evaluation has grown steadily, and now over 2000 people have been through the process in the Unites States alone.
Find more info at trackercertification.com
About the Instructor
Soon to be announced…
If you have a comment or question about this course please fill out our form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Course Tuition: $450
- Tuition includes: Cybertracker evaluation, camping at Quail Springs’ incredible high desert site, breakfasts + dinners with our community.
Discounts: (limit one discount per person)
- Early Bird: $50 discount if paid in full before February 1st (Discount Code: EARLYTRACKS)
- Bring A Friend: 10% discount (each) for couples or friends attending the course together (Discount Code: 10TRACK)
- Group & Family: Groups of 3 or more attending the course together, please click here to contact us about discounts.
- Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by application. Please click here to contact us for more information.
Before February 1: Full refund excluding $50 cancellation fee
February 1 – March 1: Partial refund available excluding $150 deposit
After March 1: No refund available
The course is currently full, however there are often cancellations so we encourage you to contact us to be put on our waiting list:
Wild Series Courses
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.