NO SCHEDULED DATES
We are excited to invite you to gather with extraordinary women for a weekend of tracking wildlife, ecology, and your internal landscape. The high desert of Cuyama Valley offers incredible biodiversity of animals, habitats, and culture.
“Cuyama”, a word derived from the Chumash word kwi: ‘ja:mé loosely translated means, “to rest” or “to pause”, an ideal sentiment for tracking animals or your own curiosities. Each day will be spent exploring track and sign, trailing animals, and indulging in art and self-care, coupled with good food, starry nights around a fire, and a nurturing landscape that encourages us to slow down. We hope you find the time to join us!
For this year’s gathering we will be tent camping in a secluded canyon with burbling springs in the high desert of Cuyama Valley, hosted by Quail Springs Permaculture. Days will be warm with cool nights and clear starry skies. While sleeping in a tent is not necessary, we suggest you bring a tent with all the cozy accoutrements that help make your night restful. The campsite is equipped with water saving, soil generating composting toilets and hot showers will be available. In the daytime, when we are not in the field tracking, we will be under the shelter of shade trees and canopies. At night, we will gather under the stars around a fire before snuggling into our sleeping bags.
Our meals, prepared by Jamie Shulander (Chef and Baker Extraordinaire), will consist of produce and meats provided by Quail Springs, as well as other goodies attained from local sites and farmer’s markets. We are committed to local and regenerative practices that work for the health of both humans and all the other species we share our space with. We can provide gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options, but let us know well ahead of time so we ca try to accommodate your needs.
- Course Tuition: $550
- Early Bird Discount: $50 – Expires: April 30)
- Course fee includes instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
- $150 registration deposit is required to hold your space. Full payment must be received by April 30th
- Space is limted to 22 people, so register soon. (Last year we sold out!)
- If we reach a minimum of 15 people, we will be offering two work-trade positions at half price. Those work trade folks will help Jamie in the kitchen, help with set-up and breakdown of camp, refill water, and tend camp.
- We do not want finances to be the reason you cannot join us. So please Contact Us to discuss payment option plans.
Payment and registration is being facilitated by the organizers of the conference and not Quail Springs.
We are not currently offering this course
However, we will update this page if we decide to schedule this course again in the future
Wild Series Courses
Have a comment or question about this course? We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you soon.