Cuyama Mama & The Hot Flashes @ Soho
April 8th, 2015, 6pm, doors open; 7:30pm, show
Quail Springs Learning Oasis & Permaculture Farm Benefit
Tenth Anniversary Celebration of Food, Music, & Community
Join us on April 8th at 6pm to celebrate Quail Springs‘ 10th birthday and a decade of inspiring service to the Santa Barbara community and beyond with a benefit show at Soho Restaurant and Music Club featuring Cuyama Mama and the Hot Flashes, with rollicking down-home dance tunes straight from the farm. Delicious organic food is being donated by local farms as a gift of appreciation to Soho for their ongoing support of community events, the arts, and culture. Purchase tickets for the benefit for $8. Find more information on silent auction items at the Quail Springs Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/QuailSpringsPermaculture .
Delicious organic food is being donated by Earthtrine Farm, Tutti Frutti Farms, Nojoqui Farms, and Fairview Gardens as a gift of appreciation to Soho for their ongoing support of community events, the arts, and culture.
The silent auction will include items ranging from baby chicks (and everything needed to raise them along with good advice) donated by Island Seed and Feed, to homespun crafts, live music, and fresh eggs, with all proceeds going to Quail Springs!
Founded by Warren Brush and Cyndi Harvan, the Quail Springs story began back in the 90’s with Warren and Cyndi’s work at Transition House, bringing youth on weekend wilderness excursions. This grew into Wilderness Youth Project in 1999, followed by Quail Springs Permaculture in 2005. Quail Springs was specifically founded to provide a land-based demonstration site to further the work with youth, extend it to people of all ages, and to reflect regenerative practices in the areas of watershed and land stewardship, natural building, food production, renewable energy, and community building. Quail Springs currently offers a wide range of courses from permaculture design certification and ecological restoration, to natural building, ancestral skills, and more.
For more info on the benefit and Cuyama Mama & The Hot Flashes: www.facebook.com/cuyamamama
To arrange interviews with the band or for more images or video, please contact Jan Smith, [email protected], phone (805-886-7239).
- Casitas Valley Farms Farm Stand Gifts
- Fairview Gardens Farm Stand Gifts
- Gibian Wellness Center A series of 3 Thai Style bodywork sessions with Michael Gibian – Michael has been in private practice since 1989, and is our ‘go to’ Quail Springs Human Mechanic.
- Island Seed and Feed Spring Chicken Extravaganza Package 4-6 chicks, a month of feed, heat lamp, baby feeder and waterer, and support for your new chicken habit with a house call from Brenton Kelly – professional poultry pontificator.
- Island Seed & Feed Hat The most popular hat in Santa Barbara!
- Jan Vucinich Hand Crafted Jewelry
- San Marcos Farms Honey, Beeswax Candles, and More!
- Women’s Reclamation and Renewal Spring 2015 Retreat April 23-26, 2015
- Anahata Healing Arts a massage with Liz Collins, founder of Anahata Healing Arts, a healing ministry drawing on modalities from bodywork, the yogic sciences, herbalism, and vital whole foods nutrition
- Quail Springs Private Farm Tour, and Overnight Stay for 2 Afternoon arrival and Farm Tour, with Delicious Farm Raised Dinner, Overnight Stay in an Earthen Guest House and Breakfast the next Morning!
- Bee Keeping Consultation and Setup Includes onsite consultation (for Santa Barbara area locals) with Brenton Kelly, Quail Springs Land Steward, assessing your home for the best bee spot, plans for a top bar hive, care and maintenance, and a follow up visit to help with set up.
- Cuyama Mama and the Hot Flashes Quail Springs band performs at your local event or private party.
- Fringed & Beaded Handtanned and Crafted Buckskin Pouch from Natalie Bartlett, Quail Springs Wild Series Director
- Graceful Ceramic Bowl from Sasha Rabin, Quail Springs Natural Building Director
- 14 Stories Music CD by Jan Smith, Quail Springs Farm Adviser
- Children’s Flashcards by Jan Smith, Quail Springs Farm Adviser
- Quail Springs T-shirts
- Quail Springs Mug from the Village Potter, Scott Chatenever
- Farm Raised Duck Eggs
- Farm Raised Chicken Eggs
- Framed Art Prints by Janice Setser, Quail Springs Executive Director
- Hand Tanned Sheep Skin Crafted by Quail Springs Wild Series Teacher, JT Beggs
Special Thanks to Quail Springs 10th Birthday Donors & Supporters!
Soho Restaurant and Music Club
Cuyama Mama and the Hot Flashes
Women’s Reclamation and Renewal
Local Organic Farms
Earthtrine Farm – Tutti Frutti Farms – Nojoqui Farms – Fairview Gardens
Artists, Musicians, & Teachers
Betty Seaman ~ Natalie Bartlett ~ JT Beggs ~ Scott Chatenever ~ Michael Gibian ~ Brenton Kelly ~ Sasha Rabin ~ Janice Setser ~ Jan Vucinich
Jan Smith, Andrew Clinard, Ryan Spaulding, Danielle Brehmer, Lindsay Allen